Saturday, July 9, 2016

Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter


Seek first to understand, then to be understood.:

Let's start by saying that I don't voice my opinion on heated matters like this often. I rarely talk politics, race, religion etc. I feel so heartbroken though over this debate that I feel completely unsettled.

Black Lives Matter. I truly support this cause. It isn't about saying they are better than any other race or culture. It is about shining light on inequality that still rocks our nation. I have so many thoughts on the subject, but I don't care to argue with people that aren't looking to understand. That is the real issue. People just want to be heard not understood. We need empathy, compassion and respect.

1 comment:

  1. So very true, and thought provoking! This world is hurting, and the only way they know how to heal is by more hurt. :(

    ReplyDelete