Saturday, July 9, 2016

Fitbit's and Pokemon....

Let's back up about 5 months for a minute. This past February I found myself in the ER on a Saturday morning due to terrible, disabling pain. It was determined that it was gall stones and that I would need to meet with a specialist. They highly suggested a low fat diet in order to cure the pain in the mean time. Well, I'm stubborn, cheap and quite frankly busy. I still haven't met with a specialist. Who has time for surgery?!?! I took serious control of my diet and cut the fats tremendously. It was crazy hard at first because fried food, pizza, and dessert were my favorite things in the world. Since this happened I've lost 25 pounds with out any extra attention to diet or exercise other than watching my fat intake.

Back to July now, yesterday to be exact. My fantastic, great listening husband bought me a Fitbit for my birthday. It was the only thing I wanted. I wanted to be accountable on my lazy days. Maybe I did lay on the couch and read a book while the kids terrorized the house and each other, but at least I got up and moved at some point to counter act the 0 step day. The Fitbit alone was enough to make me want  to start walking around town, but then my dear husband opened another door in life...


...he downloaded Pokemon Go on his phone that morning. I laughed and shook my head. We spent all day together the whole day he was hunting for these silly pokemon guys. I had no interest, I have never gotten into Pokemon in any way nor did I understand what was happening in the game. Then it's 7pm we are at one of our local metroparks walking the trails as part of date night (and searching for water type Pokemon near the pond...) and his phone dies. DIES! Now what?!?! I stop into a restroom any by the time I'm out he's got me logged in and signed up for my own account. I still don't have a clue what I'm doing, but our small circle of family and friends are totally all fired up about it and into hunting down these Pokemon dudes. Today I decide to give a whirl. Seriously addicting!!!! 

Mix the excitement of step counting/ calorie burning from the Fitbit with the quest to find these Poke dudes and I'm loading the kids in the stroller hiking all around town. Now if this isn't a fitness plan that will get me in the best shape of my life, nothing will. 

Stay tuned folks! I see many adventures spawning from this Pokemon madness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment