Monday, July 4, 2016

Birthday Mishap

Friday was my husband's 29th birthday. My 4 year old is currently OBSESSED with birthday celebrations. He believes everyone deserves a balloon, presents, and candles to blow out. Dear husband has to work a 12 hour shift on his birthday, so I promise dear 4 year old that as soon as daddy is home from work we will have cake and blow out candles. I of course being the professional procrastinator that I am had not bought any presents, cake, candles,etc. prior to Friday morning. Life always has a way of reminding you that you are not in control because Thursday night my sister-in-law is admitted to the hospital, baby is on the way! I too had promised her I would stay with her at the hospital. Now, you can see my promises are stacking up and are about to do me in. After 38 hours (of no sleep) my sweet little nephew is born and it is now 7pm Friday. Dear Husband and sweet nephew share a birthday which was a great gift for him, but dear 4 year old is still expecting a birthday celebration before bed tonight!

Being a mom is all about improvising and making the most of life. If your tenderhearted 4 year old wants a birthday celebration for his dad, then we will have a birthday celebration one way or another! It ended up being a half eaten pan of brownies with candles that claimed dear husband was only 25, but oh did we sing!

We also decided Saturday was birthday redo day in which we went out for lunch, shopping, and had a small cookout with family to end the day. At least it wasn't the big 3-0, right?!?!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE!! So glad you chose to blog again.. I have been thinking of it too, but then I get distracted.

    You have always been one to improvise, and make the best out of any situation.. Sounds like the perfect birthday celebration!! :)

    ReplyDelete